This article outlines different troubleshooting steps you can take if you are not achieving 4G LTE data speeds on your device.
Check your data usage:
We currently do not offer a data usage monitor, but there are several ways you can check your usage. Learn more >
To check how much data you’ve used on your current plan:
- Navigate to Settings on your iPad.
- Tap Cellular (or Mobile) Data and then choose Manage AlwaysOnline account. Here you’ll be able to see how much data you have used and how much is left, as well as the expiry of the current plan.
Ensure your device is LTE-capable:
First confirm that your device is LTE-compatible. Most newer devices are compatible, but many devices will only connect to 2G or 3G networks.
Your device must also be compatible with our network. Cellular networks throughout the countries we cover are a little different, and may or may not use the same broadcast frequencies. We broadcast LTE over specific cellular frequencies and if your device can't connect to these frequencies, you may not get LTE speeds while using our network.
To check if your device has LTE and is compatible with our network frequencies, visit gsmarena.com and enter your device make and model.
Ensure you're in an area with LTE coverage:
Double-check our coverage map and make sure that you're in an area with 4G LTE coverage.
Check to make sure you have the correct APN settings:
- Select Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Network
- Under the Cellular Data section change the APN to the word isp.ao.com (leave Username & Password blank)
- Save the settings by going back to the last menu and restart your phone.